Darden’s Career Development Center has a variety of resources and programs to help students explore professional opportunities and develop lifelong career management skills.
One such program is the annual Career Discovery Forums, a series of events designed to provide First Year students an opportunity to learn more about MBA careers in consulting, finance, general management and operations, marketing, and mission-driven careers. These forums take place in mid-August, giving students the opportunity to network with company representatives and explore potential career paths before classes even begin.
This year’s Career Discovery Forums included the following alumni, guest speakers and panelists:
- Matthew Reintjes (MBA ’04) – president of Danaher Corporation
- William Huyett (MBA ’82) – senior partner and director of McKinsey & Company
- Steven Williams (MBA ’06) – vice president of Morgan Stanley
- Tanesha Duncan (MBA ’10) – associate of Johnson & Johnson
- Rebecca Carland (MBA ’10) – associate of Goldman Sachs
- Tom Poole (MBA ’99) – managing vice president of Capital One Financial Corporation
- Kevin Kosefeski (MBA ’08) – product manager of Danaher Corporation
- Omar Parvaiz (MBA ’07) – product manager of Progressive Insurance
- Tolu Oyefesobi (MBA ’08) – senior business control specialist of Back of America
- Natalie S. Foley (MBA ’11) – chief operating officer of Peer Insight
- Bob Tierney – vice president sales of Clearwater Systems Corporation
- Rich Baltimore (MBA ’08) – president and founder of NewAg Development, LLC
- Anne Kilgore – director of global sustainability of Eastman Chemical Company
- Katherine Neebe (MBA ’04) – manager of World Wildlife Fund
- Everette Fortner (MBA ’87) – executive director of Darden School of Business
- Marie Skjold-Jorgensen (MBA ’11) – commercialization manager of Danaher Corporation
- Lee Susen – commercialization manager of Gallo
- Betsy Frost (MBA ’05) – senior marketing manager of General Mills
- Craig W. Heilman (MBA ’08) – North American marketing and program manager of DuPont Protection Technologies
Visit our website more information on Career Development Center resources and programs.