Today on the Discover Darden blog, we catch up with Professor Lalin Anik. Curious about why she came to Darden and what she enjoys about teaching our students? Check out Lalin’s answers below!

What is your background? What did you do before coming to Darden?

Originally from Istanbul, I studied psychology and business at Brandeis University and received my doctorate in marketing from Harvard Business School. Before joining Darden, I was a post-doc at Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business.

What led you to Darden?

What intrigued me about Darden was the balance between the importance given to teaching excellence and research rigor. What truly convinced me to choose Darden was the kindness of its community and being seen and welcomed for who I am, both professionally and personally.

What do you enjoy about teaching at Darden?

When I think about teaching at Darden, I get this warm, tingly feeling in my stomach. The hunger for learning, curiosity about the world and drive to make a difference are all very palpable in and out of the classroom.

What would you want a prospective student to know about Darden?

The two years at Darden require a lot of hard work and diligence. For those looking to dig deep into themselves and grow while positively contributing to the journeys of others, Darden is an amazing place. It is full of brilliant, humble, elegant people who aspire to make life a bit easier, joyful and meaningful all around.

Any advice you would share with prospective students?

Visit us. Experience the energy in the hallways. The thrill in the classroom. The seriousness we feel about changing the world (and the humor with which we seek ways to do it). If any of these things speak to you, consider joining us because we are always looking to learn and collaborate with driven, thoughtful, interesting people!