This summer the Darden Business Incubator is supporting 15 new businesses of Darden students and graduates. The Incubator supplies each entrepreneur with $13,000 in funding to support the development of these early-stage ventures, as well as expert advice from legal, marketing and technological communities. This is a great opportunity for MBA students interested in becoming entrepreneurs during their time at Darden.
Brief descriptions of each of the ventures in the Incubator this summer can be found below.
- Pentricity: A service for municipal utilities and electric co-ops that designs and implements residential energy efficiency programming.
- Cheeky Fly Fishing, LLC: Develops, manufactures, markets and sells fly fishing reels specifically designed for an emerging demographic of progressive fly fishermen.
- 501 Auctions: Helps non-profits run fundraising auctions.
- Footprint Free: A service that helps restaurant and retail businesses go green and capitalize on the associated benefits.
- Leslor: An internet consumer products company to help in solving global societal problems like information overload management, internet search and automated software development.
- Bridal Brokerage: A company that will be re-selling cancelled weddings to couples looking for a wedding at a discounted price.
- Apollo Water: Developing a low cost, easy-to-use water purification and desalinization system for use primarily in the developing world.
- Legends Live Media Group-Legends Live Entertainment: A one stop shop virtual music store for users of computers and Android tablets and smartphones.
- MobilizeArt: A website on which students (art, fashion, architecture, design, etc) and community artists can display and sell their original artwork at affordable prices.
- Deal Stage: Provides “virtual closing list” software for law firms whose clients are primarily transactional in nature: investment banks, private equity firms, venture capital firms and commercial banks.
- Pandia Capital: Seeks to acquire and operate a target business based on the established “search fund” model.
- Job Simple: A software-as-a-service platform, Job Simple aids job seekers in organizing and executing throughout a job search process.
- Mobile Motions: Developing a new product called SpatNav, which will allow users to control their phones through motion.
- Aislert: Developing a web application to help brand managers at CPG companies build deeper relationships with their customers.
- One2One: A social enterprise and organic snack food company that provides a sustainable business solution to the social problem of child hunger.
For more information, visit www.darden.virginia.edu/Incubator.