Peilu “Jeffrey” Zheng (Class of 2017)        

Hometown: Zaozhuang, Shandong, China

Pre-Darden University and Major: Zhejiang University, Material Science and Engineering

Pre-Darden Employment: Colgate; LG Chemical

Current Employment: Boston Scientific

What motivated you to want to earn an MBA degree?  I worked in the sales industry for six years after college, and I wanted to gain more strategic training and a more global vision.

Why did you choose the University of Virginia Darden School of BusinessI choose Darden because it offers the best educational experience and a close alumni network.

As a non-native English speaker, how have you adjusted to the case method and life at Darden?  I’m glad I decided to come early for the language program. I have really enjoyed the case study method of listening and articulating my thoughts.

Describe one of your favorite moments at Darden thus far.  I really enjoyed my managerial psychology class because we talked about a wide range of topics, including humanity, leadership and oneself.

What advice do you have for prospective students?  If you have an offer from Darden, come! If you come to Darden, be ready for hard work and great fun. You will enjoy the hardest training in the United States, and you will have a true educational experience.

How did living in Charlottesville impact your MBA experience?  I think Charlottesville is one of the best small towns to live in.

What do you hope to do with your life post-Darden?  I hope to take part in a leadership program to grow into a leader that inspires others and adds value to the organization I’m serving