Admissions, Executive MBA, Executive Student Profile

Meet EMBA Class of 2019 Student, Jessica Hehman

By Susannah Fuller-
meet-emba-class-of-2019-student-jessica-hehman

Jessica Hehman is an EMBA Class of 2019 student in our Rosslyn section. We sat down with her to hear about her experience so far in the Darden executive formats.

What is your current job?  
Director of Operations at Marriott Vacation Club, Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.

Why did you decide to pursue an MBA? 
As I continue to grow my career, the leadership skills gained from an advanced business degree will allow me to offer better support and guidance to my teams and colleagues.

Why did you choose Darden? 
The Case Study Method most closely resembles my day-to-day work life. My team is faced with a problem or difficult decision to be made. My coworkers discuss the situation, viable options, and then determine the best outcome. What a great way to prepare for future success in my industry!

What attracted you to the executive formats of the Darden MBA? 
Working in the hospitality industry, I really love what I do. Not wanting to give that up or give up the opportunity to attend business school, the executive format allows me the best of both worlds. I particularly enjoy being able take what I’ve learned over the weekend and put it in to practice at work on Monday.

What’s your favorite thing about your classmates so far? 
The diversity of experiences and disciplines my classmates offer is by far my favorite thing. When we are discussing a topic in class, there is always an expert among us. I greatly enjoy hearing their stories and how that pertains to what we are studying.

What are you most excited about accomplishing/doing during the program?  
Besides our recent trip to South Africa, I am looking forward to our electives. I am anxious for us to start learning about more specific topics and hearing additional insight and fresh perspectives from my classmates about their experiences.

What advice do you have for prospective students? 
Besides “Choose Darden”? Be sure to experience a classroom visit. I think this is one of the many things that sets Darden apart. Our professors are some of the best in the business and the Case Study Method is a really practical, effective way to learn.