UVA Announces New Master of Science in Business Analytics
UVA Darden School of Business and the McIntire School of Commerce have partnered to offer a new master of science in business analytics (MSBA) degree in late summer 2018, pending approval from the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia. The 12-month degree is intended for early career professionals and will be delivered by Darden and McIntire faculty both online and in-person, at UVA’s new, state-of-the-art facilities in the downtown Arlington, Virginia, district of Rosslyn.
The core of the curriculum is based on the below six modules, presenting “a unique opportunity for professionals of all backgrounds who want to sharpen their data skills while gaining a multidisciplinary understanding of business as future decision-makers,” says Darden Dean Scott Beardsley.
- Fundamentals of business analytics
- Descriptive analytics: communicating the value of data-information insights
- Predictive analytics and machine learning: developing competitive advantage through agility
- Big data analytics and artificial intelligence: monetizing data in an era of digital transformation
- Corporate-sponsored analytic challenge: translating your knowledge into strategic business solutions
- Business ethics in the digital age: creating your future
Read more details about the new degree in Dave Hendrick’s recent Darden Report article.