We continue our spotlight on women in the Darden Executive MBA program with a new podcast featuring a conversation with Executive MBA (EMBA) format student Alicia Braxton (Class of 2020). If you’re newer to the blog, be sure to check out our previous features on Ashley Keating (Class of 2020) and Tiffany Pillifant (Class of 2020).

Interested in learning more about Braxton? Read her earlier Q&A. Braxton was also a recent guest on The ExecMBA Podcast, where she shared additional insights about her background, her new role at Nestle and how she found her voice in the classroom with the support of her classmates.

What has been the impact of your Darden experience?

The biggest impact for me, and one that I didn’t expect so quickly, were the doors that the Darden network opened. The Darden network runs deep. There are so many people — professors, alumni, etc. — who are happy to open doors for you and talk with you about their personal career growth post-MBA.

Additionally, another value I didn’t anticipate were the friendships I would make through the program.  I’ve built really great relationships with some of my classmates over the course of the program, and these are friends that I will have in my life well past this 21-month experience.

What is your advice to women considering Darden’s Executive MBA?

Ask for help! This is something I struggle with, and I think most women do. Lean on your learning team and classmates if you are having trouble with a case. Reach out to your professor if you struggled with a complex concept in class.  Reach out to coworkers, friends and family for support and help pitching in when you may not have the time.

Check out faculty thought leadership published on Ideas to ActionAnd stay connected with us via social media: FacebookInstagramLinkedInTwitterWeChat