Darden recently shared an exciting new competitive scholarship initiative designed to “foster a new generation of diverse leadership in private equity, venture capital (VC), hedge funds and other areas of asset management.”
The new Breakthrough Scholars program will consist of an annual cohort of up to 12 Breakthrough Scholars, who will receive merit-based scholarships in addition to other benefits including:
- Comprehensive curricular and co-curricular offerings from the Richard A. Mayo Center for Asset Management, the Batten Institute and the Darden Venture Capital Initiative enabling education, professional development and practical experience across a range of verticals within asset management
- Network and mentoring from current industry professionals
- A suite of elective courses that combine to best develop industry-relevant skills and expertise
- Access to career programs and unparalleled internship experiences with notable VC and private equity firms through the Batten Venture Internship Program, Mayo Center for Asset Management Fellowship Program and the newly created Darden Venture Fellows program
- A private equity or VC industry-related independent study overseen by a Darden faculty expert
In its initial year, the Breakthrough Scholars program will be open to students applying to the Full-Time MBA and Executive MBA. Students interested in joining the inaugural cohort of Breakthrough Scholars should indicate interest in their admissions application.
Breakthrough Scholars faculty adviser Greg Fairchild shared, “We’ve curated a program that will be an advantage for elite women and outstanding under-represented racial minorities launching careers in private equity, venture capital and related fields. The industry recognizes the need to increase diversity at all levels and firms are eager for partners like Darden to help them find diverse talent.”
Read the full story on the Darden Report.
Be sure to consult the Latest News regularly for the most updated news releases and media hits. Check out faculty thought leadership published on Ideas to Action. And stay connected with us via social media: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, WeChat.