Part-Time MBA Hosts Inaugural Overview Webinar
Darden recently announced the latest format of the Darden MBA — the Part-Time MBA. As with UVA Darden’s Executive MBA formats, the Part-Time MBA will be based out of UVA Darden DC Metro, the School’s grounds in Rosslyn, and it is designed with busy working professionals in mind. The first Part-Time MBA students will enroll in August 2022, and the School is planning for an initial cohort of around 65.
Senior Associate Dean for Professional Degree Programs Yael Grushka-Cockayne and Senior Director of Admissions Brett Twitty recently hosted an overview webinar in which they shared insight about the Part-Time MBA format’s structure and design as well as advice for prospective students as they get organized for the Part-Time MBA application process.
Highlights from the Part-Time MBA event include:
- The Part-Time MBA will feature in-person and virtual program elements, with about 60% of the program content delivered in-person.
- The schedule will be evenings-based, with students taking class on Monday and Thursday nights from 6:00 to 9:30 p.m. EDT. The schedule will alternate between in-person weeks and virtual weeks, and in-person classes will take place at UVA Darden DC Metro in Rosslyn.
- A featured core curriculum followed by elective coursework. The core curriculum will be roughly 18 months in duration and will consist of the same core courses as the School’s Full-Time MBA and Executive MBA formats.
- Students will progress through the core curriculum together as a cohort, with the option of speeding up or slowing down their course of study during the elective period.
- All Part-Time MBA students will have the opportunity to spend time in Charlottesville on the main Grounds of the Darden School. The program will begin with a week-long residency in Charlottesville and students will have another week-long residency at the conclusion of the core curriculum.
- One of the key features is its timeline flexibility. Students may complete the Part-Time MBA in 28 to 48 months, with a standard pacing of 33 months.
Curious about the career support available to Part-Time MBA students? As with UVA Darden’s Full-Time and Executive MBA students, Part-Time MBA students will have access to robust suite of career-related resources, including:
- Full access to Darden’s Career Center and all of its services – individual career coaching, professional advancement workshops, advanced analytics and career databases, and a comprehensive on-Grounds recruiting program
- Thousands of recruiting opportunities from over 150 corporate partners that post on Darden’s job boards and participate in recruiting events such as career fairs and interview forums
The Career Center has support for a wide range of career goals – including climbing within an organization, switching function and industry, launching one’s own venture, or exploring multiple career paths.
As with the Executive MBA formats, the Part-Time MBA curriculum will include the Professional Advancement Course, a class in which students explore their career goals and set a roadmap for the years ahead.
Getting organized for the Part-Time MBA application process? Here are few details to keep in mind:
- The Part-Time MBA application will launch in August. Be sure to join our mailing list to stay up to date with announcements and news about the program!
- We are pleased to announce the deadlines for the Part-Time MBA (listed below). All deadlines are focused on one matriculation date – August 2022 – and we will continue to accept applications until the class fills. Be sure to keep an eye on the Part-Time MBA webpage in the coming days for additional application-related details.
- 1 October
- 1 December
- 1 February
- 1 April
- 1 June
- Curious about what materials will be required? We recommend using the Executive MBA application process webpage as a guide.
Want even more application tips? Check out our application tips playlist, in which members of the UVA Darden Admissions Committee share insights about Darden’s application and application process. Essential listening for anyone applying to any of Darden’s MBA formats.
Be sure to consult the Latest News regularly for the most updated news releases and media hits. Check out faculty thought leadership published on Ideas to Action. And stay connected with us via social media: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, WeChat.