We are thrilled to announce that our Professional Degree programs team has grown — we now have even more incredible team members to support and coach you during your MBA journey. Please join us in welcoming Associate Director Erika Elaine Glander and Assistant Director Ashley Robinson to the Darden School of Business!

If you are considering Darden’s Part-Time MBA or Executive MBA formats, Erika Elaine and Ashley will be familiar faces and serve as helpful resources over the coming months. Managing Director, Admissions & Strategic Initiatives Professional Degree Programs (and ExecMBA podcast host) Brett Twitty and Director of Admissions Katherine Alford complete the Professional Degree programs admissions team.

Check out the short Q&As below to learn a little more about Darden’s newest admissions team members. And who knows, you just might have a phone conversation with one of them!

Speaking of conversations, participating in a phone conversation satisfies 50% of the requirements for our Part-Time and Executive MBA application fee waiver offers. Schedule a conversation (Part-Time MBA | Executive MBA).

Associate Director of Admissions Erika Elaine Glander

Your name: Erika Elaine Glander (Yes, it’s a double first name!)

Your hometown: Morehead City, North Carolina

What is one fun fact about you?

I have never eaten a peanut butter and jelly sandwich – and no, I am not allergic to peanuts!

What is your background?

Believe it or not, I didn’t originally plan to be in higher education! As an 18-year-old, my grand plan was to be a genetic counselor – but fate intervened. I graduated from NC State University with a degree in Biology and Genetics and went straight into Higher Education at the University of Mississippi – sight unseen. From there, the past nine years of my career have been more fulfilling than I ever could have imagined.

I started my career at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, focusing on the University’s access initiative, the Carolina Covenant. After five and a half years I knew enrollment management was where I wanted to be and I made the move to Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business, where I led the admissions and recruitment efforts for the Weekend Executive MBA program.

What led you to Darden?

Many factors led to coming to Darden, but the one that stands out the most is the community. From the top down, Darden exudes collaboration and teamwork. A place where you can learn new things, be challenged to grow as a professional and as a person, but also a place that celebrates your talents.

What do you enjoy about working with working professional students?

I love working with working professional students because no matter what they have already accomplished in their careers and personal lives, they are hungry for more. This population inspires me every day to be my best self, and to remember that we never stop learning and growing.

Your best piece of advice for prospective students?

It sounds cliché but talk to those who have walked the path before you. Talk to current students and recent alumni about the lived experience of being a working professional while pursing an MBA. Ask them anything and everything from how to adjust to going back to school and balancing it all, traveling for school and work, to having the conversation with those you love most about why taking this time is important for you.

Assistant Director of Admissions Ashley Robinson

Your name: Ashley Robinson

Your hometown: Memphis, TN

What is one fun fact about you?

I love karaoke and all things sports-related!

What is your background?

I hold a Bachelor of Science degree in Health and Human Performance with a concentration in Athletic Training. I also have a master’s degree in Higher Education with a focus on Administration and Leadership.

What led you to Darden?

Darden provided the opportunity to do what I am most passionate about while creating a team dynamic and atmosphere that encourages and allows professional and personal growth. I stand by the school’s mission and the support provided by faculty to the students.

What I enjoy most about working with professional students are the lived experiences they have through being in the working field. These experiences allow learning in a different aspect than the traditional classroom. This can often shift our way of thinking and decision making and gives a broader understanding of what we want to do moving forward in our careers. We may not always know the path to get there, but my hope is that by working collectively with these students and the Darden team, we can bring those plans and dreams to a reality.

Be your authentic self, be confident, and enjoy this journey.

Check out faculty thought leadership published on Ideas to ActionAnd stay connected with us via social media: FacebookInstagramLinkedInTwitterWeChat