The application to join Darden’s Full-Time MBA Class of 2025 is now live!
We are excited to share a few new aspects of the application and resources available to prospective students for the 2022-23 admissions cycle:
- Increased opportunities to connect with Admissions and the Darden community, including class visits and on-Grounds events
- Continued standardized test flexibility and opportunities for test waivers
- Three essays — questions include themes around community, inclusivity and career goals
The admissions team looks forward to connecting with candidates through a suite of engagements, including application workshops, webinars, virtual coffee chats and opportunities to connect in person. Read the full press release on The Darden Report for details.
2022-23 Admissions Cycle Application Deadlines
Darden offers four application rounds:
Early Action: 8 September 2022
Round 1: 5 October 2022
Round 2: 5 January 2023
Round 3: 5 April 2023
The Early Action round includes a binding and nonbinding option. All Early Action applicants have the option to schedule their own admissions interview (availability to be announced in August) and receive early consideration for the full suite of Darden scholarships, among other benefits.
Darden’s application process for the Full-Time MBA reflects the School’s longstanding holistic approach to admission with opportunities for you to present your best self through your application. View the Application Guidelines webpage for a step-by-step guide to the application process.
The admissions team considers application criteria including:
• Strength of undergraduate curriculum
• Work experience
• Extracurricular accomplishments
• Standardized tests
• Demonstrations of leadership
• Personal experiences
• Interview with Admissions team
Darden Admissions will feature three short-answer essay questions for the 2022-23 application cycle:
- Given that you will be forming lifelong connections with your classmates that extend beyond the classroom, what is important for your classmates to know about you that is not on your resumé? (200 words)
- Please describe a tangible example that illuminates your experience promoting an inclusive environment and what you would bring to creating an inclusive global community at Darden. (300 words)
- At this time how would you describe your short-term, post-MBA goal in terms of industry, function, geography, company size and/or mission and how does it align with the long-term vision you have for your career? (200 words)
Standardized Tests and Test Waivers
A range of standardized test options will be accepted again this year, including GMAT, GRE, MCAT, LSAT and the Executive Assessment. These tests are all viewed equivalently by the admissions team. For applicants who would like demonstrate their academic readiness without a standardized test, Darden Admissions will offer a standardized test waiver request process. For those who would like to be considered, candidates will be asked to present strong alternate evidence to demonstrate their readiness through academic and professional accomplishments. More information regarding the standardized test waiver will be available in the coming weeks.
Watch: Introducing Darden’s Full-Time MBA Application for the Class of 2025
For insights on the new application cycle, view the webinar recording featuring Senior Assistant Dean of Admissions Dawna Clarke and Senior Director of Admissions Whitney Kestner as they shared application updates and admissions insights for the new application cycle. Join the next application kick-off session on 30 June: Register here.