Contact Us

Darden School of Business
Office of Admissions
100 Darden Boulevard
Charlottesville, VA 22903
+1-434-924-7281 or 800-UVA-MBA1
Fax: +1-434-243-5033
E-maildarden@virginia.edu
Directions to Darden
Office Hours: Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (ET)

4 Responses to Contact Us

1. Avinash Unni says:

I had opened the application on Oct 1st in the hope that I will be able to submit the application before the R1 deadline. I had provided the details of my two recommenders and the two have acknowledged receipt of the same. However, due to personal exigencies one of my recommenders has informed me that he wont be in position to provide a recommendation before the 15th. In light of the same, I plan to postpone the application to R2. I would like to know if this is at all possible.
    Hope to hear from you soon.

2. Fareine Benz says:

Hello Avinash,

Please send a note about your situation to darden@virginia.edu so we can place it in your application file. Depending on how soon after the 15th your recommender is able to get his/her recommendation in, you may still be able to be considered in R1. If you feel that the rest of your application is ready to submit, I recommend you still apply in R1. We understand that extenuating circumstances may occur with your recommenders and will certainly not penalize you for it as long as you keep us in the loop of what is happening.

Best,
    Darden Admissions

3. Laila says:

I studied at the University of Botswana, in a country where English was a second language but official mode of communication. I also studied my Association of Certified Chartered Accountant (ACCA) in Britain and the English was the mode of communication.
    I want to apply to the Darden School of Business to do an MBA in finance.
    Am I still required to write TOEFL?

4. Fareine Benz says:

Hello Laila,

If English was the official language of instruction at the university in which you received your bachelor’s degree, then you are not required to take a language proficiency test. You can read further information on language test requirements for international students here: http://www.darden.virginia.edu/web/mba/admissions/application-process/international-applicants/

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Fareine Benz
    Office of Admissions
    University of Virginia
    Darden School of Business