Record-Breaking Highlights From Darden’s 2019-20 Employment Report
Darden’s full-time MBA Class of 2019 broke or tied several of the School’s employment records and had plenty of other good news to share, according to Darden’s Full-Time MBA Employment Report. This year’s publication reports on tracked job outcomes for full-time MBA students in the Class of 2019 and internship placements for the Class of 2020.
Key takeaways from the Class of 2019’s results include:
- The highest base salary in School history ($135,168)
- Double-digit year-over-year gains in international student job offers’ received and accepted (94% for each figure)
- A school record in job offers accepted by three months after graduation (96%)
- A 14-year high in job offers received by three months after graduation (97%)
- Darden graduates entering every major MBA industry
Read the full report and explore the top 10 hiring companies below.
The Top 10 employers of 2019 full-time MBA graduates represented a diverse array of industries and companies. Top companies (with number of graduates hired) include:
- Boston Consulting Group (22)
- McKinsey & Co. (19)
- Amazon (13)
- Bain (13)
- Accenture (11)
- JPMorgan Chase (8)
- Deloitte (7)
- Microsoft (7)
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Strategy& (7)
- Wayfair (7)
According to Jeff McNish, Darden’s assistant dean of career development, the results highlight the talent and dedication of Darden students and the career services staff working to support them.
“These record-shattering successes are well-earned by Darden’s Class of 2019,” McNish said. “Faculty, alumni, our dedicated employer partners, staff and members of Darden’s Career Development Center team will celebrate their achievements in the year ahead. We look forward to the Class of 2019’s continued success and feel grateful to have partnered so closely with this talented class throughout their career journeys.”
Explore the full 2019-20 employment report press release and read UVA Today’s Five Key Takeaways article covering this most recent report. We also encourage you to take a look at the Full-Time MBA Employment Report for Darden’s classes of 2018 and 2019.