= Read Student Recommendation
- Bikram Yoga
- Crossfit Charlottesville
- North Grounds Recreation Center (U.Va. Gym)
- Pure Barre
- Ragged Mountain Running Shop
- Rocky Top Climbing Gym
- University Bike Share
- Charlottesville Farmer’s Market
- C’ville Oriental
- Food of All Nations
- Fresh Market
- Giant Food
- Harris Teeter
- Relay Foods
- Trader Joe’s
- Whole Foods
Salons & Spas
- Barracks Road Shopping Center – Old Navy, Banana Republic, LOFT, Bed Bath & Beyond, Barnes and Noble, Anthropologie, Chipotle, Panera and more, all within a 5 minute walk from Darden.
- Shops at Stonefield – Trader Joe’s, IMAX Cinemas, Williams-Sonoma, Brooks Brothers and more.
- Downtown Mall – Historical downtown area with plenty of boutique shopping, local restaurants and entertainment venues.
- Fashion Square Mall – Shopping mall featuring J.Crew, Sephora, Belk, Gap and more.
Shopping (Business Clothing)
- Banana Republic
- Beecroft & Bull Ltd.
- Brooks Brothers
- JoS A Bank
- Men and Boy’s Shop
- Georgetown Veterinarian Hospital (Dr. Michael Fietz)
- Monticello Animal Hospital
- Old Dominion Animal Hospital (Dr. Allison Kramer)
Resources for Partners & Families
Join the Darden Partners Association to receive access to the DPA Relocation Guide to Charlottesville, which contains information on jobs, educational opportunities, childcare and more.
Other Charlottesville Resources
Below is a list of popular blogs and publications about life in Charlottesville. These publications are not affiliated with the Darden School in any way and are meant to be an extra point of reference for those interested in learning more about Charlottesville.
- Charlottesville 29: Reviews of the top 29 restaurants in Charlottesville
- Charlottesville DTM: News and information inspired by Charlottesville’s Downtown Mall
- Charlottesville Tourism: Official Charlottesville tourism website
- C-Ville Weekly: Charlottesville news and Best of C-Ville listing
- Design Sponge’s Charlottesville City Guide: Suggested itineraries for visitors to Charlottesville
- Kath Eats Real Food’s Charlottesville Guide: A local business owner’s guide to Charlottesville
- Mas to Millers: Charlottesville restaurant and food news