In April 2024, we were delighted to host the first in-person reunion for The Executive Program (TEP), welcoming alumni and the current TEP cohort at UVA Darden DC Metro Grounds to celebrate TEP’s 65th year! 

During the cocktail reception and dinner, several alumni noted their joy at catching up with their classmates and making new friends. “What a fantastic inaugural TEP reunion. I enjoyed meeting the current class and seeing several from my cohort, especially our “M7” (Magnificent 7). These amazingly talented women have become lifelong friends,” said Catherine Lindqvist (TEP ’22). “Darden’s #1 teaching faculty in the world and incredible staff create bonds well beyond the classroom and the program – something incredibly important as you ascend in leadership roles. TEP has expanded my executive competencies and extended my network in ways that continue to support my professional journey – even years after completing the program.” 

TEP Alumni UVA Darden DC Metro
TEP Alumni UVA Darden DC Metro
TEP Alumni UVA Darden DC Metro

Current TEP participant, Dorothy Welch (TEP ’24), mentioned how excited she was to see how bonded the alumni are, “The alumni reunion was a great opportunity to meet other TEP graduates and further expand our network. To see how connected many of the cohorts have stayed post-program was great, as our cohort has gotten very close. I hope we stay as connected as we leave Darden and I look forward to reunion events in the future.” 

For one alum, the reunion provided an opportunity to share his Darden experience with the next generation. “It was my honor to attend the reunion event. I was able to attend with my son and allow him an opportunity to experience the people of TEP, the Darden School and the UVA experience,” shared Giorgio Ra’Shaad (TEP ‘23). “I enjoyed connecting with alumni that I knew personally and the opportunity to meet many whom I had not previously met. This was a great experience for me – I look forward to attending again in the coming years.” 

TEP faculty members joined in the celebration, with Professor Doug Thomas addressing the group to share a few insights on the history of TEP and how it has evolved to meet the changing needs of senior leaders – especially as technology and disruption have accelerated business and societal change in the past several years. He also shared a photo of faculty favorite, Professor S. Venkataraman (“Venkat”) from his tenure as the TEP faculty lead a decade ago. 

And no one left empty-handed. Everyone received a commemorative glass from the event, and an onsite glass artist etched personalized messages, much to the delight of the attendees. 

TEP Reunion UVA Darden DC Metro
TEP Reunion UVA Darden DC Metro
TEP Reunion UVA Darden DC Metro
TEP Reunion UVA Darden DC Metro

Several attendees mentioned how impactful TEP has been on them and their careers. “TEP was the reason I was successful in accomplishing a major initiative benefiting my organization and team after the program – the cases, the coaching, advice from faculty, my learning team – all contributed. However, taking the time to focus and reflect on what matters most continues to be the lesson I am most grateful for. It pushed me to think about what is possible and gave me the courage to act,” noted Catherine.

Current participant, Jessica Wright (TEP ’24) shared that “TEP has been a phenomenal experience. Not only have I grown my business acumen through the course content and world-class professors, I’ve genuinely made friends for life with my cohort. This program is top-notch!” While Jessica’s classmate, Tristan Fessel (TEP ’24) noted, “Darden’s TEP program has provided invaluable leadership and strategy insights from faculty and fellow TEPers. The reunion was a fantastic opportunity to learn and connect with current and alumni TEP members.” 

We look forward to hosting our next TEP reunion event and growing the number of attendees that can join us, so they can strengthen their connections across the TEP alumni network. TEP Director, Allison Sellman, has enjoyed seeing those relationships blossom as she’s been in her role, sharing that, “It’s been exciting to be involved in TEP’s inaugural reunion event, celebrating 65 years of The Executive Program. The bond that each cohort forms is such a magical piece of TEP and being able to gather with faculty and current and past participants to connect – or reconnect – made the event really special.”