So far this academic year,  Darden has launched seven Global Field Experiences (GFEs) in all corners of the globe, ranging for Tunisia, Sweden and Indonesia.   There has been a high demand for these types of international experiential projects from our Second Year students, as it gives students the opportunity to assist international clients in solving real-time business issues they are currently facing in their specific country and culture.  Second Year student,  Leslie Viano, who participated in the Tunisia GFE, stated:

“What most resonated with me was how much I learned about a country through a one quarter-long project. Building a financial model and presenting a new venture to potential clients are skills we learn in class. Yet, these skills are only useful if you know the cultural context, and I quickly realized I did not. It’s up to us to ask the right questions, do the research, and most importantly, adapt quickly to the circumstances to provide the most effective recommendations.”

Read more about the current GFE projects here.