Shivangi Shivayogi (Class of 2019) came to Darden with a career background in the health care industry, but will graduate this weekend with a new career lined up working as an investment banker with Barclays in New York City. Below, she reflects on what brought her to Darden, the experience during her two years in Charlottesville, and what she’ll miss most as she moves forward with her career.

What was your background before business school?

I have a health care industry background, having primarily worked in the fields of finance and law.

Why did you choose Darden?

The case method was a significant selling point for me. I spoke to a few alumni while making the decision and related a lot to the Darden “vibe.” Living in a cozy college town was an added bonus — Charlottesville has wonderful opportunities when it comes to restaurants, hikes, vineyards and breweries, live music, and so on.

What’s been the most surprising thing about your experience?

I was very surprised to find how tight-knit the community is. You hear about it, but it’s quite remarkable when you experience it in real life!

What was your favorite highlight from First Year?

Working on a consulting project in the vineyards of Argentina (did someone say Malbec?) with my classmates. We got class credit to boot.

Any particular favorite memory from Second Year?

Most recently, UVA men’s basketball making it to the Final Four. Go Hoos!

What will you miss about Darden?

The Darden community, with a special shout out to our fantastic faculty who made us feel at home throughout our MBA experience.