Darden Executive MBA Shares Class of 2023 Application Updates
We recently shared five tips for candidates applying to our Executive MBA Class of 2023 and we’re back with a few more updates! The new Executive MBA application will launch in mid-August so be sure to keep an eye on the blog for updates!
Planning to apply this year? We invite you to join Director of Admissions Brett Twitty for two upcoming application-focused webinars:
- Executive MBA Webinar: 2021 Application Planning Session
Wednesday, 29 July | 11:00 am ET
- Executive MBA Application Launch Webinar
Wednesday, 19 August | 12:00 pm ET
Here are a few more things to know about our upcoming application to join the Class of 2023:
New Deadlines Announced
Our new deadlines are now available on our Application Deadlines page! As in prior cycles, we will have monthly deadlines to give you maximum flexibility, and our first deadline is 10 September.
Each round has its own target interview period, decision release date and deposit deadline, and we encourage you to apply as soon as you feel like you can put together a strong application. We typically have more flexibility and scholarship money earlier in the cycle. As we go through each round, seats in our class are claimed and scholarships awards are accepted.
For the 2021 application period, we’re excited to share that we will continue to offer the test flexibility we introduced in the later rounds of our 2020 period in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
We will continue to accept a wide range of standardized tests — Executive Assessment (EA), GMAT, GRE, LSAT and MCAT. The EA remains our most popular standardized test among Executive MBA applicants, and our average EA score for the past few classes has been 153.
Applicants will be able to submit a test waiver request with their application, and we will evaluate these requests along with the full application.
There will be four possible decision outcomes for applicants (outlined below), and, for candidates who submit a test waiver request, our Admissions Committee will indicate at the time of decision whether a standardized test or additional coursework, such as quantitative online courses, will be required:
- Admitted (no test or additional coursework required)
- Conditional Admission (test or additional coursework required)
- Waitlist (in which case a test or additional coursework would be ways to strengthen the application)
Applicants who receive a conditional offer of admission will be evaluated for a scholarship award upon satisfactory completion of their offer condition.
Application Fee Waiver
We will continue to offer Executive MBA application fee waivers (a $250 value) for candidates who complete the following two steps:
- Connect. Participate in a phone conversation with a member of our Executive MBA Admissions Committee OR attend an Executive MBA Virtual Coffee Chat; AND
- Join. Attend one of our upcoming webinars. We have an exciting slate of webinars on deck, including career-related sessions, application tips, a program overview, student life highlights and more. We look forward to seeing you online!
In the coming months, we will conduct interviews virtually via Zoom.
Here are a few more things to know about Darden’s Executive MBA interviews:
- You will interview with a member of our Admissions Committee and your interview will last around 45 minutes.
- Our interviews are blind, meaning your interviewer will not have reviewed your application in preparation for the interview.
- They are conversational. Unlike behavioral interviews, Darden interviews are an opportunity for you to tell your story, and they will feel much more like a conversation than a “traditional” interview.
- The interview is an opportunity for you to tell your story. You should be prepared to drive the conversation. Big topics include your background (both academically and professionally), why MBA, why Darden and what your goals are post-MBA. You should also be prepared to talk about leadership experiences, global exposure as well as hobbies and interests. Plan accordingly!
Have questions? We are here to help! You can always reach us at ExecMBA@darden.virginia.edu. No question too small.