The Forté MBA Forums will kick-off their cross-country tour in Washington, D.C., on August 12 — just a week away! This free event, especially designed for women considering an MBA, is a terrific opportunity to connect with admissions representatives, alumnae and current students from Darden and other top B-schools.
Planning on attending an upcoming Forum, but want to make sure you’re making the most of the opportunity? Director of Admissions Haley Whitlock Gyory shared her top tips for maximizing the Forté Forum experience.
- Come prepared. These events are a great way to meet representatives and alumni from a variety of schools, but the last thing you want to do is to approach them with a throwaway question. Review the list of participating schools, identify your targets and ask thoughtful questions.
- Attend the panels. Forté forums include both admissions and alumnae panels where you’ll hear directly from admissions professionals and alumnae from various programs. Admissions panels are more nuts and bolts oriented so most helpful for the cycle in which you plan to apply, whereas alumnae panels give you an idea of potential career fields, things to be aware of during your research as well as a healthy dose of inspiration. You don’t want to miss it!
- Hydrate! The pace and sheer volume of these events can be overwhelming, so be sure to wear comfortable shoes, eat and drink something beforehand and bring a bag for school materials and swag.
- Follow up. Once you’ve had a chance to review and process all of the information, be sure to reach out to the schools to engage further — sign up for admissions/school blogs, engage in webinars and regional events and schedule campus visits. We look forward to seeing you at a forum soon!
Forté Foundation MBA Forums:
These annual forums are designed for all women considering an MBA. Forté’s community of motivated women is actively transforming leadership in every field that business touches. Connect with Darden and other top business schools from North America and Europe to gain valuable insights to the admissions process.
- 12 August | Washington, D.C.
- 13 August | Houston, Texas
- 14 August | Atlanta, Georgia
- 15 August | Boston, Massachusetts
- 19 August | Los Angeles, California
- 20 August | Seattle, Washington
- 22 August | San Francisco, California
- 26 August | Toronto, Ontario
- 27 August | Chicago, Illinois
- 28 August | New York, New York
- 29 August | New York, New York
- 29 October | London, United Kingdom
If you’re considering visiting Darden this fall to learn more about our community, we invite you to apply to attend our upcoming Diversity Conference 3–5 October. The application deadline is 26 August. Conference applicants who are selected to attend the event will enjoy complimentary lodging and the opportunity to schedule an interview.
Also, check out our blog post with more of our fall recruitment events for even more chances to connect with our team! You can also stay up to date on all of our upcoming events by checking our Events and Receptions page on our website.