A serious perk for Darden’s Early Action applicants: You don’t have to wait to be invited for an interview. EA is the only round in which we offer open interviews. But act quickly!
We have limited open interview availability, and the Admissions team will release additional availability on a weekly basis, so check back often!
To schedule an EA interview, you must intend to apply by the Early Action deadline. All EA interviews must be scheduled for no later than Friday, 17 September (though we recommend scheduling for as soon as possible given limited availability).
You still have several weeks to round up your materials and brainstorm your short-answer essay questions! Applicants will receive a decision by 20 October 2021 – and how nice would it be to head into the holiday season knowing exactly where you stand with your application status?
Interview and Zoom Tips
- All interviews will be conducted virtually via Zoom. If you aren’t familiar with Zoom, practice using the platform and get familiar with the video and audio settings prior to your interview.
- Watch Executive Director of Admissions Dawna Clarke’s short video on Darden’s approach to interviews
- Sign up for this Thursday’s webinar, All About the Application: Interviews
- Check out Experience Darden podcast episode No. 81, featuring “Your Darden Interview”
We’re Here to Help! Resources and Ways to Connect
Plus, don’t forget to check the Events page for plenty of ways to connect with Darden Admissions. Virtual coffee chats and online sessions featuring application tips, career insights and more are added regularly!
Upcoming events include:
- 5 August | All About the Application: Interviews | Register
- 10 August | All About the Application: Short Answer Questions | Register
- 31 August | Don’t Stress, You’ve Got This! Early Action Application Hotline | Register
- 21 September | 8 Great Things to Know About Charlottesville | Register
If you know Darden is your top choice, or the only Consortium school to which you wish to apply, Early Action is a great option instead of applying directly to the Consortium – plus you get the benefits of a guaranteed interview and maximized potential for admission and scholarship. Just check the box in the application that shares you’re interested in being referred to the Consortium. If you are admitted, we can then refer you to the Consortium for membership once their official application process closes in January. We hope you consider applying for our upcoming Diversity Conference as well. The 2021 conference will take place virtually 5-7 November, and you can learn more about our Consortium community as well as how we support Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Darden.
Ready to get started or complete your application? Apply now!